Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eventually I'm gonna put OME lift springs in the troop.
I recently helped my buddy install a spacer lift in his heep which required removing everything connected to the axles except the lower control arm so the axles could drop and thus allow removal and reinstallation of the springs.

This was a pain in the buttocks.

While surfing online I discovered coil spring compressors. Will these allow for the removal of the stock springs and replacement with bigger ones without having to disconnect everything under the sun from my rear axle? Cuz that would make life a whole lot easier...

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Not really intended for this purpose. Those spring compressors are meant for changing struts. There's usually not enough space to use them for changing out rear coils.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
The only things you have to disconnect are the shocks and the sway bar...

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
x2

Just pull the shocks and sway bar, and disconnect the ABS wire and you can drop it easily.

I'm not a fan of spring compressors, dangerous unless they are really good quality.

Joe

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, ok didn't realize it was so simple, thanks a lot!

·
Registered
199 Posts
i did mine without disconnecting anything aside from taking tires off. I lifted the car, put it on jackstands, then jacked it up to load the springs, put the spring compressor in, locked it down and maybe compressed it a little, then allowed the axle to droop as much as possible and the springs pretty much fell out, maybe not the correct way but it worked.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
What does the front balljoint flip do as far as height gains. If I have my t bars cranked to a max 4" ?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Oh yes. It's a 99 amigo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts