Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting error multi 0300 and 1133 and my truck is running rough. It idles fine but while driving down the road i lose power. I know that the 0300 is a Random multi Misfire and the 1133 is for Air/Fuel Meter error. I replaced the Sparkplugs today but it is still happening. How can i tell which coil pack is going bad?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Might not be a coil pack issue. Could be an injector problem. May not even be an individual cylinder issue but an overall problem like a vacuum leak. Thus, there is no easy answer to your situation.

If you can get the symptoms at idle you could disconnect coil packs one at a time and see when the problem doesn't change. If so you have found a problem cylinder. Then move a coil pack from another cylinder and see if the problem moves. If it doesn't move then try moving injectors and see if it does. Could also try checking for a vacuum leak and cleaning the MAF.

Good luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow when this happens the truck starts acting up and the check engine light starts blinking then goes solid. it will drive for several miles then starts acting up but it doesn't seem to happen at idle

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had a bad coil pack a couple of years ago and it seemed to cause the engine to run rough at idle but not at higher rpms. In addition the CEL code that was pulled was for the specific cylinder (P0301-P0306) not the P0300 random misfire code.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok here is a full description when i go out in the morning the truck runs fine for about 4 miles then its start acting like its loosing power or like one or two cylinders stops firing (this seems to happen in the 1500 to 2500 RPM Range). like when i take off if i don't get on it doesn't seem to want to go and then it will kick in and take off. some times when it gets real bad it bogs down and the check engine light flashes a couple of times then goes back to normal

·
Registered
297 Posts
Flashing check engine light = very bad. If your catalytic converter wasn't the initial problem it very likely is now. Flashing CEL and P0300 random misfire will kill your catalytic converter fast and maybe other things if you keep getting it to flash.

I very recently had a similar problem and it turned out that one catalytic converter was partially plugged up, causing the problem. You timing belt could of also slipped/skipped.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we if the coil packs don't fix it i will remove the cats and see if they are the problem then i am going to run straight pipe to fix that issue. if that doesn't do it then i guess my next step is to take it to a shop

·
Registered
297 Posts
What year truck are we talking about here?

On almost all cars the design and computers are based on making the catalytic converters work there best. If you remove them it wont/shouldn't run better it will just be very confused, and maybe cause more damage.

And random misfire is just that, completely random, if it was any one or few cylinders then you would get a code for those cylinders. It's very unlikely that multiple coil packs went bad at once.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you have a Rodeo, Rodeo Sport, or Amigo with the 3.2L you have about the same setup as me. Mine is really a Rodeo.

Cats should be removable just not directly in front of or behind the cat. I don't know how to test them, dealer did that for me.

I just know your problem sounds similar to mine. Mine would seam to run fine except at freeway speeds and harder accelerating, at those times it would feel very under powered.

Don't know if I can do this on this forum but maybe looking at the post I made for my problem will help:
http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showf...20862&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.