Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Yeah but he cheated he doesn't have a front axle to get in the way.

Anyway it's encourging that I see he's got everything in there and didn't have to move the firewall or move the radiator to the front of the core support.

That and I have two tricks up my sleeve, a 3" body lift for clearance, and a 2" dropped front diff. So it really should go in with just a few major problems.

Still in the hunting/gathering stage.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
nice Amigo- :shock: im putting a 2wd frame and SBC in a Rodeo in the summer if all goes well. got the parts and an Amigo hard top im grafting on. Wont be as fast, thats for sure. Very nice work 8)

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
On putting the SBC in the Amigo look out for firewall clearance with the distributor. Also if you look into www.independent4x.com and look through Matts pics where he put the 350 into his first gen Trooper, he had to do some fire wall mods and move the radiator to the front of the core support.

I'm thinking Ford just cause I like Ford. That and I had a 67 mustang that I knew inside and out. So the 289/302 family of engines are in my head. Good torque and hp numbers. Oh and the distributor is in the front.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
BigPoppax2-
well if i run a short water pump and a 86-92 Camaro radiator (fits perfect) i dont have to worry about firewall clearance. I had one in my 95 Pup (where i got the frame clip and driveline) and had alot of room left over. there is the lip on the firewall that needs to be trimmed abit to make the removal of the distributor easier, which on the Ford sticks up in the front (hood clearance?). I like the chevy SBC because its cheaper to get HP out of and the performance parts are more readily available here in NJ at the numerous number of performance shops. Plus i will be running a Tune Port when its done and i can easily drive thru inspection here in NJ (worst then Cali tests) and not have to worry.
that Amigo is soooo nice, i love the stripes. Whats it run in the 1/4?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.