Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '98 trooper 5-speed is getting close to needing a new clutch. No slipping yet, but it engages very late in the pedal throw even after adjusting it as much as possible and it chatters a little bit when cold. I don't have the space or experience to do the job myself, so I got a quote from a reputable shop near me. $650 plus the cost of parts.

So now for my real question: Is there anywhere that I can find good parts that don't cost an arm and a leg? Most of the ones I'm seeing cost anywhere from $500-$700. Or is this just one of the costs of having a trooper? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,866 Posts
bamakojon said:
robb5 said:
Just call Jerry and he will get you set up. Saved me around$250 for OEM spec.
I have certainly heard of Jerry! How do I get in contact with him?
I would use Daikin/Exedy over anything else. Jerry's email is [email protected]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shawn Anthony said:
I install LUK & Napa Gold clutches in all of my and customers Isuzu along with 100+ other vehicles every year. LUK is my go to brand. Never in 30 years have I dad
Had a problem & amazing GERMAN engineered products.
Does Napa tend to carry more Isuzu parts? I don't typically go to Napa just because where I used to live there wasn't one that was really close, so I kind of forget it exists. The shop I called told me that he prefers to put in Luk or Sachs parts, but will put in whatever I want.

I also see plenty of mentions of Exedy--are their parts comparable to Luk or some of the other more expensive brands?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.