Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum , but alot said on this site help me and my new 90 trooper to get ready for a winter worth of storm chasin on. I make this short as possible.'
Shes a southern lady , but was forced to take her in the cold. Drove from south carolina to maryland yesterday . was a tropper through and through ran like a champ. Wake up this morning clutch pedal is to the floor. Called a friend he said check slave res. was extremly low. filled to max line pump pedal nothing . have done a search all ideas taking to truck nothing is working .should i bring to shop and have them power bleed the system. stuck in maryland till i get this fix. any ideas greatly appreciated
thank
strom chaser

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've got a 97 Rodeo and had a similiar problem with the clutch. It worked fine in warm weather, but the minute it got cold she would not shift smoothly. At one point the pedal went to the floor and didn't come back up while I was driving to work!

Turned out to be a bad Slave cylinder on the clutch. I replaced both the Master and Slave, spent 3 hours bleeding the system... (who the heck designed that!) and its been fine right up till a couple of weeks ago when the throw out bearing went from being one piece to several hundred.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I'd reccommend a power bleeder to bleed the clutch on a 2.6 That's a miserable process of attempting to force air downward with such a short throw of the clutch pedal.

I wore my wifes legs out trying to pump the clutch while I was under trying to crack the bleeder and trying to keep an eye on the level in the reservoir (which doesn't hold much at all)

It's not a plesent memory.

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.