Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
happy holidays to all....
after getting it running i noticed that i could use some more pedal on my clutch.did a search and did'nt come up with anything i could use ,so i thought i'd throw it out here.thx in advance for the help.

89/2.6/5 speed

thx shoe

·
Registered
24 Posts
IS this a hydraulic clutch? if so I can have an answer for you in a few hours, I need to go open my manual, haven't done that in a while

·
Registered
763 Posts
Does you trooper have an adjustement mechanism on the pedal. If so, just adjust it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i don't know and if it did where would it be ?under the dash,under the truck,thats why i thought i'd ask first,just don't want to screw it up.also ,is it possible to move the drivers seat back anymore,just to big,lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
shoestring said:
i don't know and if it did where would it be ?under the dash,under the truck,thats why i thought i'd ask first,just don't want to screw it up.also ,is it possible to move the drivers seat back anymore,just to big,lol
ok here it goes

Pedal height is measured from the top of the pedal to the floor

to check pedal freeplay measure the distance from the natural resting place to which resitance is felt( with your hand not foot)

on cable -operated models adjust the cable to achieve the spedified play between the nut and rubber cushion

pedal free play is around 3/4 "

pedal height 7 "

on most models, (hydraulic) , the freee play is adjusted by turning the clutch switch or stopper bolt. on later models with adjustable clutch master cylinderpushrods, loosen the locknut on the pushrod tunr the pushrod to achieve the proper freeplay, then retighten the locknut

on cruise control equipped models, turn the clutch switch until the plunger is fully retracted against the clutch pedal arm, then back out a half turn before tightening the locknut,
on non-cruise ctrl equipped models , turn the stopper bolt in until it just contacts the arm and tighten the locknut

Happy thanksgiving!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.