Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

i have a 1990 Trooper LS. with Hydraulic clutch. I have a new master cylinder and a new slave cylinder which i have bled to death. but i do not know how the clutch pedal should be adjusted. I have gotten a few different specs from the net about clutch height and freeplay. does any one have the spec and the procedure on how to do this?

any help is appriciated.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Clutch peddle height should be 9.15 to 9.55 off the firewall. Measure from the steel that makes up the foot pad. Remove the rubber if you need to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a spec for adjusting the rod and fork that conect the pedal to the master cylinder or should it just be set so it lines up with no pressure on the rod and fork?

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
You can adjust it to your likings to... You want enough free play so that the throw out bearing is not preloaded against the pressure plate. Say if you like a little bit more free play(clutch to grab midway in pedal travel) set it looser. If you want the pedal to come out 2/3's of the way before it grabs than adjust it a bit tighter. The main thing is that you have an inch or inch and a half of freeplay...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts