Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I really need a clock in my Trooper. I believe that there was an in-dash clock on higher-end Troopers (2nd gen).

Can someone verify this? Also, is the clock swappable? On my Camry, the wire lead for the clock was already there, I just popped out the blank in the dash bezel and violla!

Am i going to get lucky again?

:wink:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've found that my 2nd Gen(2001) S model Trooper is wired for just about everything. (Fog lights, heated mirrors, etc.) Problem is usually digging out the plug from inside the dash. Pop out the center blank (or a few) and take a look see. They are usually tucked back and wrapped in foam. If it's there it should be an easy pop in.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response.

I consulted my original owner's manual. The two 'blanks' on the dash bezel are for transmission indicators, not clocks.

When I looked up 'clock' in the manual, it says "see audio controls". so, it looks like the early 2nd gens had a clock on the radio. My original radio is long gone, replaced by a crappy aftermarket unit.

Looks like I'll have to get creative.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.