Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

My 2002 Isuzu Axiom has a digital clock and compass that is set by radio and when the year changed from 2021 to 2022 they stopped working.
Since all other parts of the display still work, I am assuming that the frequencies that they receive their gps signal on were reassigned like the 3G cellphone networks.

Has this happened to anyone else who still has an Isuzu with the auto setting clock and compass ?
Is there any workaround ?
If not, can anyone recommend a good button battery or AAA or AA cell atomic clock to paste up in my Axiom ?
I can always pull out my smartphone if I get lost for compass and map, although I will have to stop someplace to look at it to avoid getting a summons.
But I would like an accurate clock easy to look at.

Thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Interesting! I wonder if it's similar to what Honda owners have been dealing with?
jalopnik.com/honda-clocks-are-stuck-20-years-in-the-past-and-this-mi-1848306970

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting! I wonder if it's similar to what Honda owners have been dealing with?
jalopnik.com/honda-clocks-are-stuck-20-years-in-the-past-and-this-mi-1848306970
Thank you. My calendar had been stuck in the past for a few years. But now I do not have any clock or compass at all. I hope it does self correct in August as the article suggests.
In the meantime, I am looking for a self setting paste up clock.
Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I got my axiom ~3 years ago the clock and compass didn’t work. A couple months ago I went to a pick and pull and got 2 gps modules off other axioms. one of them worked, and my compass and clock are still working. Mine does not have a calendar though, so potentially they look for different signals?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Try eBay, there are a bunch of inexpensive clocks for vehicles. Not all of them look great, but it might be a decent temporary solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts