Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, I was thinking about cleaning the intake again. What is your opinion on taking the airbox pipe off, and spraying the manifold with some cleaner? Ya know, like the can says. Im just wondering if its doing any good? Wouldnt I just be cleaning the front section?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I don't think it's worth it or that it does much of any thing. I had tried cleaning my manifold really well by spraying Seafoam through the throttle body and by sucking Seafoam down a vacuum line and thought I did a really good job. But recently I had to replace a IMG along with some other stuff in that area so I took my manifold completely off and when I took it apart it looked filthy with any dirt that I had washed off just collected at the bottom. So really you can clean a little bit off the areas of the manifold that you can see through the throttle body but it only moves it somewhere else in the manifold.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Not a V6 guy but the only reliable method of cleaning a part that I've found is removing said part, cleaning it, and re-instaling it.

Takes the guess work out. :wink:

Jim

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yep, the 1998+ common chamber on the 3.2/3.5's is a mess of nooks and crannies, plus you have the secondary throttles and runners in there that flip open at higher RPM's. You'd have to split it apart and hand clean it. As long as you are clean around the trottle body and around the EGR outlet pipe, you are good to go.

G/luck
Joel

·
Registered
297 Posts
Cleaning the EGR outlet pipe can be a pain too. When I had my manifold off I had to shove a pipe cleaner type brush down it to brake lose the dirt. Stuff was just cooked in there and wouldn't come out with spray cleaners alone.

·
Registered
254 Posts
onetouch said:
Not a V6 guy but the only reliable method of cleaning a part that I've found is removing said part, cleaning it, and re-instaling it.

Takes the guess work out. :wink:

Jim
Aye.

When I did my valvecover gaskets, I had a chance to clean out my intake plenum.

Sure cleaned a hell of alot of grease, grime, and dirt out.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alrighty tighty, I did the EGR cleaning, and used my shopvac to suck all the crap out. Used a pipe brush, I stole from one of the tank supply cabinets, and scrubbed away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.