Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyone have a killer way to get residual head gasket gunk off of the engine surfaces on my 3.2 DOHC? I am using a mild scotch brite pad and wd-40. Working pretty good, but SLOW.....

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
MOZES said:
So anyone have a killer way to get residual head gasket gunk off of the engine surfaces on my 3.2 DOHC? I am using a mild scotch brite pad and wd-40. Working pretty good, but SLOW.....

Thanks!
Belt sander.

:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont think it hasnt crossed my mind..... If I could just hold it level..... :shock:

Has anyone used 3M Roloc white wheels for this application? I read some other websites that guys have had good success using these without damaging the surfaces....

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
I used the 2" discs w/ 1/4" angle grinder. Did great. I still used a few single edged razor blades and I finished off with a few good wipes with lacquer thinner. The discs greatly decreased the labor time. Just don't let it sit in any given area long; especially the cylinder edges.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
You really are not supposed to use any sort of friction or power tool to clean the surface. The gasket remover might be the only thing along with a lot of tedious and careful scraping.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
No power tools! It's VERY easy to distort that aluminum surface.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I used a gasket scraper and took about 2 hours per side when I helped a guy do his head gaskets on a rodeo it was a pia but that was what we had

1 - 9 of 9 Posts