Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the issues I haven't been able to get down in my Trooper detailing section. The chrome trim around the windows as well as the chrome mirrors have swirl marks from car washes etc. What is the best cleaner out their that would help shine them up and possibly remove scratches (very light).

Also the rear side window rubber trims ever since I have had the truck have had what looks like to be spots of mold/mildew? What would be the best way to get that off as well? 8)

·
Registered
377 Posts
For the chrome Rubbing compound or auto-paint cutting compound. Chuck up a pad on a buffer or drill and you're set. Start light and go lighter in grit.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Make sure that the cloth/buffer you use is damp and stays damp. If it dries you need to dampen it again. Moisture is your friend.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
get some "mag cleaner" from Advance / Auto zone. works great for polishing/cleaning chrome and aluminum.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys... how about the rear window rubber seal though?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'd watch out using Mag Wheel/Rim cleaner on windows and door trim chrome.

Many many wheel products are an acid base, to strip brake dust and road grime. Hence why they say "wear gloves while using and flush eyes / caution skin contact"

I'd be buffing, not chem stripping.

for the rubber, heck, just use some 409 kitchen spray, or rubber bumper cleaner/conditioner.

TSP works too, if it's just mildew stains.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts