Fluro's: $16
Centre console: DIY - offcut timber, spare 2pack
Roof console: $140 (ply, carpet, vinyl) --------gone
Rear Draw: $140 (ply, runner, carpet) --------gone
Snorkel: $240
Camper: $150
Rear bar: $20
2" Lift: $165
brand spankers 235/85r16 GTradial Adventuro M/T's: $1100 fitted and balanced for 4
bucket seats: $300
4x25watt LED's: $200

the interior lights have all been replaced with 12volt camping lights (just bent the light mounts and pushed on some pins), camping lights are just mounted with door catches

i have 4 rock lights ready to go underneath

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
heres some pics of the snorkel i made yesterday/this morning (until 4:30am...)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
How did you attach the tubing to the truck?

Looks great

Joe

·
Registered
983 Posts
Why do you have two sets of everything? Were you going to do twin snorkels?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i did toss up putting it lower, but the snorkel would interfere with visibility... not what i wanted

the reason the safari's are lower is because they are only 2"... bit stupid considering the engine block intake is 3.5" to 3"

i was going to go twins, but after putting in this one, i noticed that there is a MASSIVE structural beam above where i put this, feel your trooper, you will notice a point on the doors and 1/4 panels (can see it in the pics too), this is the bottom of that beam, it goes right to the top- 150x50x6mm steel

i am still tossing up whether i will go twins, but maybe as just a vent for the drivers side- terminate it behind the engine

the 1/4 panel is just attached with 3 bolts, spaced with 2 washers and 2 nuts (spring washers on both ends, and siliconed *neutral cure*)
the A-pillar is self tapped and 1 capture nut and bolt with the 2 brackets shown in this pic

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Best looking homemade snorkel I've seen.
Nice job on that.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the centre console, if you want a build-up, just ask and you shall receive

btw, for those who want to know....

letters are american oak
surrounding deck is african mahogany
side panels are australian mahogany
side trim is australian oak
under cdplayer area is blackbean
drink holder is .... ?
tub is silver ash
tub back is american cherry
tub lower sides is american cherry
tub lid is australian jarrah

...why? because i hated the stocko tiny tub, couldn't even fit my wallet in it... i can fit 12x 375ml cans in this!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the roof console (thinking about making a new one though, this was only going to be a temporary one)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the rear draw (yes, it is on an angle- level to the back seat, but enough height to fit a table in the door- 740mm from roof height)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
last years christmas effort

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
this years christmas spirit (for now.....)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thought i should update this...

the recent christmas spirit

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i learnt that i should thoroughly hose everything out after a mud run....or risk this....

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
had some ridiculous fun last weekend

....the rollover point for a jackaroo/trooper is 45 degree's.... don't worry mate, i still got 5 degree's to go.... too bad the arse end is sliding into a 400mm deep trench, gave up and floored it in reverse to get out of this one (momentum to prevent sliding sideways)

V yes, my window is open! :lol:

and i discovered that troopers/jackaroo's are not mud proof... 3 holes to fill, these 2 and the hole under the jack compartment

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tad said:
That's a performance mod: all of those grooves add surface area to the rotors, which the pads will conform to. Once the dirt is gone you can tell everyone you did that intentionally.

-Tad
lol would have been believable if not for the sound of the calipers and rotors binding :p could hear it 1km away :D

the clogged radiator last weekend was a performance mod too, helps for sub-0 degree operating temperatures ;)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
got 6 reverse spotlights coming next week and a new air compressor and a new air tank :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have got to come and visit glasshouse some time!
Where do u plan to put the air tank? I've been considering it for a while now. Useless for airing up tyres but could be good for using high pressure air to clean up or maybe run a rattle gun from time to time (not sure how much longer the 12v rattlie is going to last).
Where are you going to put the spotties?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts