Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I have a front ARB that the cylinder cap bolts backed out on and sheared off. This also cracked the cylinder in 4 places. Hopfuly ARB can help me out with it, I bought it used so I'm not sure if they will. I did some searching and its pretty common, they even changed the design on some of the jeep ARB's...When/if I can get some parts for this thing I'm going to drill the heads of these bolts and safty wire them!!
IMG01132-20120211-1556.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
yeah I know!!!

This is my plan..
safetywire.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Damn I have 2 that will be going in soon. I will check and maybe remove a bolt at a time and put thread locker on them. Drilling and wiring them is a possibility too.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
onebadtrooper I thought I was having a ****ty day until I saw this thread. You've been through like 4 crankshafts, and now your locker decided to go out. I'm sorry all this crap keeps happening to you. I hope they replaced it for you.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Lordy I hope this doesn't happen to me, already trashed one 5.38 R&P, can't afford to trash another one.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
I seem to remember hearing about this problem years ago. So would Lock-Tite prevent this from happening? Or maybe just a real quick touch of the MIG to stick a little bead there? You could always cut the bead later if you need to remove the locker for some reason. I mean, in general, a locker install is a "permanant" mod.

Bart

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have read of people tack welding them.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well arb got back with me, They say it is repairable but they are not sure they can get the parts. I emailed them back asking if they are going to cover this or me, haven't heard back yet.. They were unclear in the email. I called the customer service line to see how much the cylinder is and they don't have any here in the US, they told me i had to deal with the tech dept to get info from Australia. I may just have this thing tig welded and run it till it blows lol...I bet it would be fine though if it were welded and the bolts stayed tight. I have a shop that does all of the welding on our helicopter parts at work, i may swing by and have them take a look.

I haven't run this locker, I bought it this last weekend down in houston. I didnt look at it close enough before driving the 4 hours back up to dallas :roll: :roll: , Atleast I didnt pay all that much for it, $350 with compressor, harness and switches.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
is this for the rear or the front? Kinda sad how the locker supplies are starting to dry up.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its a front.... They still have lockers complete, but not many parts... :(

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
oh I see.. hopefully they just give you a new unit then though you will still need to spend money to get it installed.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like ARB will replace the broken parts under warranty...fingers crossed!!! It will have to come from AU though. I should know on monday. If that ends up happening I guess the deal I got wasnt all that bad. ARB is a badass company!!!

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
but dont you have to pay for installing gears again out of your own pocket?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts