Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is taken from a thread at ih8mud:

I'll reserve any judgement in case someone knows more on this one...in any case, it doesn't turn out well.

I don't know any of the circumstances other than what is stated on the videos, but this guy is lucky he didn't get seriously hurt. This looks like a crew of Toyota guys out on a camping trip. East fork of the Carson River I guess.

There are 7 videos of this debacle (here's the first and you can follow through all of them):
first video
and last

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
:shock: That's crazy!

Im not going to bad mouth the guy, cause I wasn't there, but sometimes you have to use common sense when to ford water and when not to.

I wanna know what the guy in the F-250 thought he was going to do......

·
Registered
198 Posts
I mean seriously what an idiot! ..... what is he thinking!..... seriously!? he totaly left the windshield wipers on thats going to drain the battery :D

-C

On a side not I love the super judgmental attitude of the all knowing videographer....

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
They were fighting the river.

They could have had the river do most of the work for them, instead.

The truck started (in the vids), at the red rectangle.

They connected several straps together, and tried to pull the truck against the flow of the river, in the direction of the red arrow.

They should have towed in the direction of the green arrow.

If they had... With the least bit of encouragement in direction, from the tow... The river itself would have shoved the truck toward the riverbank.

In fact, the "tow" would have been almost effortless, and the biggest concern they would have had is to drive fast enough to get the truck to the side, before it got swept on past them.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Gosh, didnt even have a lifevest. Elitist, kayaking d-bag. I don't think he planned on going swimming honey!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts