Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 99 rodeo with 3.2l v6 from a used dealer(we all know how that can be) and the check engine light just popped on while i was passing this guy uphill. there's no odd noise coming from the engine. all my fluids are good as far as i know being that i cant check the tranny but the manual said there's a light for that. i'm totally new to rodeos and have no idea what's wrong. any advice?

·
Registered
11,917 Posts
Take your vehicle to AutoZone and have them read out the failure code which they will do for free. Then post the failure code number here and the members can tell you how to resolve the problem.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Buster28 said:
Take your vehicle to AutoZone and have them read out the failure code which they will do for free. Then post the failure code number here and the members can tell you how to resolve the problem.
This ^^^

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Agree. Get the code or codes and ignore any advice given by the parts jockeys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wowwwi feel like a total idiot. P0440 code. all i had to do as tighten the gas cap until it clicked. i didnt realize it hadnt clicked the last time i put gas in lmao. so make sure your gas cap clicks or you'll be in my awkward position xD

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
99jodeo said:
wowwwi feel like a total idiot. P0440 code. all i had to do as tighten the gas cap until it clicked. i didnt realize it hadnt clicked the last time i put gas in lmao. so make sure your gas cap clicks or you'll be in my awkward position xD
i did read on a forum last year that on the isuzu you should click the gas cap 9 times , i know the book says something like 3-5 times , but that would be with a new gasket, whooooo nose ????????????????????? , won't hurt anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts