Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving the other morning when it was particularly cold (mid-high 30s) here and when I looked down at the dash after a few minutes of driving the check engine light is no longer illuminated. I'm wondering if the fuel injector cleaner I ran through the car might have caused the check engine light to come on.

Now I have 4 new O2 sensors on the way and I don't even need them right now. Oh well, I'm sure they will come in handy at some point. :roll:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Need a little more info... What year and model?

Why did you buy 4 new O2 sensors? Did you have the codes checked? The codes should indicate what sensor(s) are causing the CE light to come on.

You should have the codes read soon at an Autozone (for free). They will be in memory for a while. This will give you a clue as to what the problem might be. Note that is it is a code related to an O2 sensor, the sensor itself might not be the problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, it's a 1996 Rodeo 3.2L. I had a local shop run the codes and the bank 2 sensor was bad. The shop reset the light and it was off for a couple days then it was back on for about a week. Then it was off for a couple days and now this morning the light is back on. Weird.

I have the new sensors now and I think I'll just replace them all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.