Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 Rodeo died and when restarted the check eng lt and reduced power lights both came on,
Can somebody tell me what to look for as far as cause?
This is the 3rd time since november I have had similar problems with idle etc....dealership can't seem to find root cause.
Thanks for any help. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have had no replies to my post and my Rodeo is still at dealership with no end in sight.....no codes are showing up on computer there and they cannot get it to repeat the low power and crappy idle I get.
Please,can somebody help me? I am driving my deceased Grandmas 87 cavalier and would love to have my Isuzu back. :cry:

·
Registered
168 Posts
The first thing I would have checked would be the alt.. Is it putting out the right power. I'm not sure if that year has the volt regulator built into the alt or not. That would next on the list. Check and clean all battery connections, and all grounding wires. There is usaully one or two going from engine to frame somewhere. It's unfortunate that the dealer can not find the problem, but not suprising. Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.