Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trooper started not wanting to idle, so I thought maybe the cheesy carb spacers redline sent with my carb were leaking again. I pulled the carb, made new gaskets, truck still wouldn't idle. I checked the timing, all good, but i couldn't adjust the fuel pressure then i looked at my fuel filters. the one at the tank was red, the one before the regulator and the one going to the carb look like this, when i pulled the regulator apart it looked like it was full of red clay. and all this crap is swimming in my float bowl. Three filters and they still let this crap through. I guess i need to drop the tank and not buy anymore autozone filters.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
With that much crap in your tank you need some paper or sintered bronze fuel filters. I've had that issue on m'cycles before and that red crap can be small enough to get through even the finest mesh filters I could find. Paper does a better job at trapping it and sintered bronze traps it even better. Best would be to flush the tank first and if its pretty rusty inside, seal it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts