Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,471 Posts
Not bad, but you could build one of better quality for cheaper.

FWIW a friend just got a Bushmaster Carbon 15 from the local gun store for 750ish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
Avoid the hassles of replacing and staking things that the factory should have done...get a Colt or LMT or Bravo Company...bushmasters, dpms, olympia...avoid like the plague.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I have a Bushmaster, and I love it. I got it from where i used to work with my employee discount a few years ago, and I'm happy with it. My dad has had quite a few other brands, and built alot of his own (he's got an FFL and has a few gun auctions a year, so he plays around) but I have never had a complaint with my Bushmaster. I am glad I got a heavy barrel though! lol In fact, if anyone is gonna be in the Mattoon, Illinois area around Thanksgiving, he's having his next gun auction about that time with over 650 firearms.http://bauerauction.com/auctions.html He doesn't have a complete listing up at this time, but anyone can call the numbers on there and ask questions. And if anyone has a decent 1911, I'm in the market for one. I've always loved them, and I don't have one anymore since I sold mine recently. So if you have one (Colt, S&W, Kimber, Singer) send me a message.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,073 Posts
Heh, I fell into an AR a few years ago...guy in our office was "financing" his divorce by selling off most of his guns. He offered me a pre-ban Olympic Arms Ultramatch for $500. Only had a box of ammo through it. I said yes. :)

Then when I went to pick it up, he said "you might as well take all this .223 ammo, I won't need it". Gave me 600 rounds of match ammo...that was worth a couple hundred dollars right there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,854 Posts
Dang. When I read stuff like this I wish I didn't live in Kalifornia.

BigSwede said:
Heh, I fell into an AR a few years ago...guy in our office was "financing" his divorce by selling off most of his guns. He offered me a pre-ban Olympic Arms Ultramatch for $500. Only had a box of ammo through it. I said yes. :)

Then when I went to pick it up, he said "you might as well take all this .223 ammo, I won't need it". Gave me 600 rounds of match ammo...that was worth a couple hundred dollars right there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,257 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/38639-55.html
Alot of negative press on Oly Arms, I personally don't see it, my 9mm conversion carbine has about 1500 rounds on it without a jam, but that's the 9mm and I clean it regularly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,073 Posts
I have an Oly Arms AR that has been flawless, but it is from the 80s (pre-Clinton ban), no idea how they are now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,257 Posts
R242 said:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/38639-55.html
Alot of negative press on Oly Arms, I personally don't see it, my 9mm conversion carbine has about 1500 rounds on it without a jam, but that's the 9mm and I clean it regularly.
I think the people who seem to have problems are just people who don't clean their guns.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
Med!c said:
R242 said:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/38639-55.html
Alot of negative press on Oly Arms, I personally don't see it, my 9mm conversion carbine has about 1500 rounds on it without a jam, but that's the 9mm and I clean it regularly.
I think the people who seem to have problems are just people who don't clean their guns.
Alot of people think they can maintain an AR or high-powered rifle the same way as any other gun, but these guns get dirtier a heck of alot faster. Best to clean and lube after every firing session. Unless you shoot AKs, lol, you can just throw them in a mud puddle to clean jk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,936 Posts
R242 said:
Med!c said:
R242 said:
Alot of people think they can maintain an AR or high-powered rifle the same way as any other gun, but these guns get dirtier a heck of alot faster. Best to clean and lube after every firing session. Unless you shoot AKs, lol, you can just throw them in a mud puddle to clean jk.
Exactly why I own 3 AK based rifles and zero AR-15s. :) While .223 might be more accurate and has less kick, I will take 7.62x39 and its rugged stopping power any day over any AR based setup.

Bart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
You guys are using antiquated info on the AR15. The modern AR is a robust drive-on weapon. It didn't start that way. I know of a nationally ranked instructor who has loaner guns that he is purposely running without cleaning just to see how far they will go. The AK started his career as a robust machine and has always been a workhorse.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top