Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an old cobra CB..... very small..... works well.... but you can only bitch about bad drivers with truckers and trail buddies..... :cry:

i want to address the spoiled blonde daddies girl directly!!!!! :twisted:

Here in lies my plan :idea: ... feel free to comment, compliment, or fix my issues..... my cb doesn't have a PA hook up or anything special..... i have a siren... 3 wires. one + the other - and one labeled "Warble +" ... will this work as a big speaker for my voice? ...... so i'm thinkin if i hook it up with the warble to the - or + side of the mic so it sends some of me to the siren and put a switch between the battery and the + wire so i can choose when its on.... and of course grond the - wire.....

will this work?.... whats the problem?.... in need of feed back! please :?:

·
Registered
296 Posts
most likely the the siren is a dedicated model--meaning that it only has 2 modes--on and off (siren)

adding any power to the siren will only yeild the siren sound. your voice won't go through it.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
just so you know the option, i got my uniden off ebay for 20 bucks shipped, and it has a PA. i know too - i want to hook it up to yell at drivers.

is that illegal?

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
PA speakers are cheap. Just buy one and get a cheap cb with a pa function. If your cb doesnt have a pa function you cant make it have one with out conseiderable work.

I had one in my first car in highschool and all others until I got my mitsu pickup (no where to mount a cb). I'm eventually going to get a cb in the rodeo with a pa speaker cuz I miss yelling at stupid ppl.

Its also handy at fast food drive throughs, they dont have any excuse for getting your order wrong.

If the cops really want to be jerks I guess they could try to get you for impersonating an officer. I never had any problem when I had mine though, usually they laugh if they hear you yelling at someone.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok well i tested the thought on it being a dedicated siren..... and the only time it made noise was when i scratched the warble wire on the pos terminal.... and it wasn't a siren kinda noise..... it was more staticy like a normal speaker would be .... and i realize that wiring is a pain for most but its summer i'm a highschool student..... so there really isn't any thing that i don't have time to do..... i don't wanna spend anymore money.... what can i say i just don't get paid enough...... so i give thanks to all who replied and would like maybe a few more ideas or comments please

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
If you have an air tank, hook up a semi or train air horn directed out the passenger side of your vehicle (say the wheel well), simply pull up next to em' and let em know how you feel, they'll get the message or if nothing else, have the crap scared out of em'.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ah... but i already have a air horn... granted it isn't a train or semi size horn but it puts those damn powerstrokes to shame!... my pup is the biggest little truck around.... soon to recieve cab lights...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
true i forgot about those

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.