Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I think you call them a Trooper II in the US, whatever, it's the square one! I have recently purchased my first ever CB and want to install it in my Trooper. I am going to go with a mount on the spare wheel for the antenna (Z27) as I often carry loads on the roof but wondered if any of you guys have pics of where you installed the actual CB as my cab is getting pretty crowded. I have a CD player in the din slot and as I'm tall I need to avoid areas under the dash that may end up with me losing a kneecap! I will shortly have a box with a load of extra switches mounted on the transmission tunnel in front of the centre console so not much room here.. I have considered putting it in the centre console itself if theres room, has anyone done this? This is a daily driver rather than a stripped out off roader so thers not much spare space.

All sugestions gratefully received, pictures more than welcome. I thought with the USA being the spiritual home of CB I might get a better response on here than I've had fom the UK forum (None, well nothing sensible anyway!)

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I haven't used a CB in years, so no Pics.

But what mounting it in the space under the radio above the hump? There are some screws going into to the bottom of the radio that to hold the radio in place. You might be able to use these screws to mount the CB bracket. If you put the CB there, it may be possible to run the wire for the CB antenna to the back along the hump under the carpet. You can probably squeeze it out along the right side of the small rear right door and mount it on the rear bumper.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have a look under the radio, I know space is quite limited under there and this is quite a chunky CB as it's a 400 channel euro compatible job. You simply set it to the country you are in when you switch it on and it allows you to use the frequencies that are legal in that country, AM or FM. I do use the Trooper to travel in Europe as I have a house in the UK and a vacation project house in France.

I don't have a problem with drilling the body/door to get the cable out as the next owner of this vehicle will undoubtedly be a junkyard as it is working hard for it's living hauling construction stuff to my French house up our very bad rocky dirt track. I once hauled 12 8 x4 sheets of sheetrock on the roof, was a little top heavy and slightly bent the gutters under the roof bars!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.