Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My muffler guy told me I needed a "heavy duty" cat. I bought a magna flow 91005 series. The dimensions are 4"x13"x6.5". Universal 3 way cat. rated for vehicle with 4500 or less lbs of gross weight. Is it sufficient for my 2.6 amigo 1989 2wd?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
well...uhhh... YAAA... that should be enough. A cat that is very big
like that one will have better flow. But it will take longer to warm up
to work properly. So if you have a emission test let it warm up good
before you go.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Receiced all the parts yesterday and I'm gonna have it put on today. Dynomax uberturbo muffler looks like a yoshimura on steroids. Wasn't able to buy the flex joint, sigh...Gonna have to pay premium for that one at the shop.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I drove around with the new set-up for a normal day [work, erands, etc]. Most of the performance gains are in the mid to upper range as expected. Before if I was cruising at 80 on flat road and came upon a 10 degrees up grade my car would lose about 10 miles per hr with the same amount of throttle. Not anymore. Freeway drivability has defintely been improved. Well worth the $270 for parts and install.

I noticed that the catalytic had turned a bluish color. Is there a problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.