Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 Rodeo and my carrier bearing bit the dust the other day. I have had major problems finding a part listing at every shop that I have called. I found a used front section of the rear driveshaft for $200.00 cdn. There is no way I am going to pay that much unless I really have to. I found the bearing at a machine shop for $11.00, but they don't have the rubber support that I also need. Has anyone else run into this problem? This may sound very dumb but after my rubber support tore I used duct tape as a temporary fix so that I could get to work and back. The duct tape worked quite well except for vibrations at speeds above 60km/h. Now I am not sure if the vibrations were caused by play in the worn bearing or if it was because the make-shift duct tape support didn't have enough give to cancel out vibrations. Basically I need some suggestions as to what I should do. Use duct tape again or spend the $200.00 for that piece of rubber (my driveshaft and u-joints are fine the rubber part is all that I need). Please help any creative suggestions would be a great help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I decided to give the duct tape another try and it kind of works. There was some vibrations the first test drive but after that it worked fine. I guess that it could have centered it self after the first drive. I could also be sitting on a time bomb until this thing blows apart on the highway. Anyways here are some pics of the butchered driveshaft support. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Get a one peace driveshaft made & never worry about that f****n bearing again.
Should cost you anywehre between $100 to $200, the benefit is no more problems in the long run.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Kicking Trees-
You can find a new driveshaft supprt bearing, boot and housing on-line at partsamerica.com-Not real expensive 8)
ToddZ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.