Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone mounted an amplifier behind the passenger seat? I know it has a plastic backing, but I don't know how solid the mounting location will be if I were to use wood screw to secure the amplifier.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, I found out few days ago that mounting behind the seat was a great idea. Only sad part is grounding the ground cable. I like my cables hidden, but i'm using a 4awg power/ground wire so it's hard to route them under the carpet. And, there is a tool box tray that is right below the seat. I'm planning to just bunch all the wires together and tuck it into a 1" cable loom. Right now I have my ground cable in between the bolt of the rear seat mounting center bracket.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
how about under passenger seat,it'll be out of site also and shorter runs to battery

·
Registered
268 Posts
Bansil said:
how about under passenger seat,it'll be out of site also and shorter runs to battery
I agree with this. In my Suzuki Sidekick I had 1 amp under the passenger and 1 under the driver seats. Kept everything hidden and allowed for easier wiring.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My amp is about 2 ft. x 1 ft., way too big. I already got the amp mounted and I did a test run, looks awesome i'll post a pic sometime soon. The amp basically flushes onto the driver side passenger seat back.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yeah both amps that were under my seats were smaller and easily fit under the seats. Eager to see pics!

·
Registered
267 Posts
My amp is on the back of my rear seat on the driver side. I have what looks to be aluminum hooks bolted to the floor of my cargo area, used a large enough loop terminal to run the bolt that secures the hook to the floor through. Excellent ground point, only need about 1.5 feet of ground cable.

You want you amp as close to your subs as possible, the farther away it is the greater signal drop you'll get as those speaker wires aren't as efficient as the big ole power and ground lines are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts