Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Probe the lighter receptacle to see if it has power to it, if it does then obviously look at the lighter itself as that heating coil eventually dies.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I was using my lighter to run an air compressor and it just quit. Can't find anything wrong, there's just no power at the lighter.
I can't figure out how to pop the lighter out either.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I've had no need to pull a lighter out of an Isuzu but generally the backside of the lighter unscrews then you remove it from the front. Not like a nut on the back, instead the entire rear portion of the lighter is thin walled, ribbed cover with threads. If memory serves me, JLemond had a good tip for holding the "working" portion of the lighter from the front while you unscrewed that cover from the back but it would take some searching on here to find it. I've never really had a problem.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think Isuzu was quite sure you were going to "upgrade" the fuse in the fuse panel at some time (probably just after you bought an air compressor), so they took the initiative to install a fusible link in the lighter that melts as a last line of defense to save the wiring from catching fire.
As a punishment for your folly, they made removing the lighter insanely difficult - you need toddler-sized hands and have to work blind to unscrew the securing ring from the lighter body. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts