Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the topic says, I was just wondering what the capacity is
for the diffs, transaxle and what weight oil to use...
ALSO, which ATF and how much of it to use?

Also if anyone has pictures of where exactly the EGR valve is,
that would be great as I want to clean that as well.

Edit:
Just went to Murray's (AutoZone type place for those not in MI)
and here's what I found out.
Crankcase = 4L 5W30
Rear diff = 3L GL5
front diff= 1.2?L GL5
transaxle = 1.9L Dex3
ATF = 9L Dex3

·
Registered
25 Posts
Crankcase 5 qts of 10W-30
Tranny Dex 3 but you will only get about 3 qts out of the drain pan. The other 6 qts won't drain out.
Ft and Rr dif 80/90W GL5 (your quanties look right)
I'd double check the transaxle again. I do not recall Dex 3 being used in there. I thought it was gearoil but will have to check.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mtboulder said:
Crankcase 5 qts of 10W-30
Tranny Dex 3 but you will only get about 3 qts out of the drain pan. The other 6 qts won't drain out.
Ft and Rr dif 80/90W GL5 (your quanties look right)
I'd double check the transaxle again. I do not recall Dex 3 being used in there. I thought it was gearoil but will have to check.
Ah, thank you. I didn't write anything down when I was at the store.
How come only 3 quarts will drain out?
How do you get the rest out for a complete flush?

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'd double check the transaxle again.
You guys ARE talking about the transfer case right?

Just for the record, a transaxle, is the transmission and axle combined in one unit, like a FWD car, or the C5 corvettes......

And yes, the t-case does take oil...not dex though fro reason I am thinking motor oil.....(dunno why)...Tad...Mark...?

Chase

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
chasespeed said:
I'd double check the transaxle again.
You guys ARE talking about the transfer case right?

Just for the record, a transaxle, is the transmission and axle combined in one unit, like a FWD car, or the C5 corvettes......

And yes, the t-case does take oil...not dex though fro reason I am thinking motor oil.....(dunno why)...Tad...Mark...?

Chase
If it's a TOD Trooper, then the transfer case takes Dexron III. If it's non-tod, it takes regular motor oil (I put 10W30 Mobil 1 in mine, mostly because I had it and the gear lube pumps will fit onto the large mouth mobil 1 bottles).

The Automatic transmissions all take Dexron III, and the manual transmissions all take motor oil. The differentials all take gear lube (80w90, but it's gear lube so almost any weight will work).

-Tad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.