Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15k miles ago i did my last tranny service, i always found dexIII at my local napa, this time i went and the counter guy told me they don't have it anymore, he told me to use dex merc instead, what are you guys using? my tranny runs great at 85k and i want to keep it that way so what atf should i use ?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I had the same issue, been wondering what others have done also

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Amazon has plenty.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
google has many.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jwood1016 said:
advanced auto has loads of it
i live next door to an advanced auto parts, and the only thing they had there was the store brand,dexIII/M, wich i assume is dex/merc, is that the same as the regular dex III i used to get from napa?

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
tonnydoodles said:
jwood1016 said:
advanced auto has loads of it
i live next door to an advanced auto parts, and the only thing they had there was the store brand,dexIII/M, wich i assume is dex/merc, is that the same as the regular dex III i used to get from napa?
thats what I used when i had he auto trans and It worked fine.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
The Napa brand I used to buy said DexIII/Mercon on the bottle. So I assume the specs of the fluid are the same.

I have been using Castrol Import multi-vehicle. If you get the newer fluids, put in a bottle of ATP Friction modifier 203.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.