Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a while back about possibly using a 2000 Rodeo tranny in my 2001 Trooper and found that it would not work. (http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=50309&highlight=) Buster28 was kind enough to point out that I could only use a 2000 or newer Trooper or Axiom tranny to replace mine because of the TOD system and such. I have recently came across a 99 Trooper tranny for $250 and no to many miles on it, but that was not included in his list of possible useable swaps. I looked up a small bit of info on Wikipedia and it seems that a Grade Logic, allowing the vehicle to downshift when descending steep grades(a feature I am not concerned with missing).

So question is would the swap work straight up or could I do it with lil rigging to make it work.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Digging a little more into this subject of using a 1999 Transmission in a 2000 or later Isuzu Trooper, what if one replaced both the Transmission and Transmission computer. Would then a 1999 Transmission work properly in a 2000 or later Isuzu Trooper? The Transmission computer is located under the passenger front seat - I wonder if it would be plug compatible and electrically compatible?

Carl

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would be interested to know if the transmission and computer swap would work, but had another question/idea. Is it possible to remove the TCC from my transmission(assuming it's working properly) and install it on the 99 transmission so that it would match up. Sorry if these are dump questions I do not fully understand the complexities of the issues.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
2000, 2001 and 2002 Troopers have Electronic Throttle Control ETC), so as I see it the 99 Powertrain Control Module (PCM) cannot be used because it doesn't have the correct engine interface.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts