Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without all 6 bolts holding my trans. crossmember??

Broke one off changing the ATF today. Got the other 5 off then back on OK.

I plan on trying to drill it out and run a tap through it at some point. How urgent does this have to be?? Is it OK to run it like this for a while??

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I've been doing this for awhile with no problems. Broke one on the drivers side frame mount twisting it the wrong way

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hatfield said:
I've been doing this for awhile with no problems. Broke one on the drivers side frame mount twisting it the wrong way
Dont the troopers have 4 bolts each side though?? My rodeo only has three, leaving me just two on the passenger side. Think it will be OK for while?? Two is enough to support the tranny right?? :lol:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Good point. I think you'll be fine, just hold off on the 5g 0-60mph launches.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Just go to the junk yard and get one. I might be going sometime soon, I will keep my eyes peeled for a Rodeo.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hatfield said:
Just go to the junk yard and get one. I might be going sometime soon, I will keep my eyes peeled for a Rodeo.
Thanks, but i probably should go ahead and replace the others as well. Theyll do for now, but are starting to get that hourglass appearance corroding at the back toward the head of the bolt. Damn salt!

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
I just picked one up at auto zone in the bolts section. Its about twice as long but doesnt matter and isnt flanged but I dont care about that either. Just use anti-seize on the threads for future removal. Ace Hardware probably has them too. They usually have a pretty good selection of metric stuff.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
My super-human strength broke mine while tightening... when I first did a pan drop back in '04. It was the front most bolt on the drivers side.
Hasn't given me any problems since. I just forget that I broke it, until i'm back under there for the next pan drop.

That was back when I didn't have the "feel" for certain bolt sizes, and just tightened everything as tight as I could. :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts