Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have called many many auto parts stores and no one knows what im talking about ..i think it is just a manufactured part.can anyone give me a idea where i might find one.. Rough road sensor Gravity (G) sensor

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
After 2000 the G sensor is built in to the ECM on some models. What year, model and engine is yours?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tryed to get it inspected a while ago at a garage they told me it was a random misfire ,so i changed my spark plugs ,it cleared the random misfire ,then it came up manifactuer misfire,so i changed the coil packs,checked again it still read the same i took it to a few othere garages they told me that my isuzu did't have a g sensor ,so then i whent around to the auto part stores trying to find a g sensor,they all laughed at me,i even called the isuzu manifacturer and they allso told me that there is no G sensor ,a friend of mine suggested that it sounded like something to do with the gravity sensor and then it finaly ,made sence ,any way then i found this site and everyone was very help ,The Gravity (G) sensor is a vertical low-g (gravity) acceleration sensor. By sensing vertical acceleration caused by bumps or potholes in the road, the powertrain control module (PCM) can determine if the changes in crank- shaft speed are due to engine misfire or are driveline induced. If the G sensor detects a rough road condition, the PCM misfire detection diagnostic will be de-activated.and the second challange was to locate it ,
it's attached to a round tube frame above the rear differential on the passenger side. From in front of the passenger rear wheel, look at the third link on top of the differential. The harness for the g sensor is attached to the third link, follow it to the sensor. Check the harness connector(s).

and it was called rough road sensor,G sensor,gravity sensor,the true name that finally someone told me the real name of that part it is a
Road ACC Sensor part #8-p7115-937-0 Oem part only.
Well all there is left to do is get one and change it and hope for the best..lol its been quite the challange i just wanted to share all this just in case in the future someone else has this same problem..

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Hope the new part solves the problem. Let us know how you make out!
It would help to know what year your vehicle is for future reference for others that might encounter the same problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.