Its like a mullet.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
"V8 5.0 motor so it has Balls to the walls power!" :roll:

If I remember correctly there are aftermarket companies that sell hatches that look like that.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
doesn't look too bad actually
(no I don't have a mullet :p)

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
The rear 3/4 view looks better than I would expect, but from the front, its still screaming Joe Dirt.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
"V8 5.0 motor so it has Balls to the walls power!"

I think spraying the entire engine compartment down with wd40, like that, gives it at least 100 extra horsepower !!!

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
I've seen far worse body kits on 3rd gens but not my style. I prefer

Far easier to find a clean 3rd gen for cheaper though. Enjoy the hunting.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
If you need any help let me know :) Not a fan of that one though, the pre-88 non Iroc/Z28's were hideous by themselves, let alone with that kit :lol: And if that motor is the L69 it's not BAD (can run 14's if tweaked a bit) but judging by the engine bay I'm betting its the LG4 and they are boat anchors. So balls to the wall power, probably not. The aftermarket hatchs your thinking of look like this:

They actually offered some factory Notchback Firebird's but not many, they sell the hatches still. And for a nasty body kit, try this one:

·
Registered
101 Posts
RamAirZ said:
That is just wrong... and hideous! That bumper belongs on an Eclipse! :twisted:

·
Registered
934 Posts
RamAirZ said:
The aftermarket hatchs your thinking of look like this:

that's actually not bad, it's mostly the front ends that were dumb-looking, though

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Griz said:
RamAirZ said:
If you need any help let me know :)...
He's looking for '91 to '93s Z or IROC. This was just found in passing so I sent it to him as a joke. What should he look for on those years?
Well '93 was the first year of the 4th gen body style and the Iroc ended in 1990. I love the 91-92 Z28's though, they come with a nice high-rise rear spoiler and "hood blisters" as they call them. As long as there isn't alot of rust issues where he is looking then the main things would be the t-top seals if its a t-top (they leak), window motors tend to go out, factory headliners suck, honestly IMO they don't have any issues inherent to them that all other cars don't experience, main thing would be to make sure that if someone tries to sell it off as say a Z28 that it's real.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RamAirZ said:
Well '93 was the first year of the 4th gen body style and the Iroc ended in 1990...
That's funny stuff right there. He's looking for cars that don't exist. I'm not sure he really knows what he's looking for except the body style. He gave me the date range he was looking for but apparently he didn't research it out. I was looking around for him but just going on what he told me. I'll pass along your advice and tell him to do some research on what he really wants. Thanks.

P.S. He tends to be scatterbrained at times. Scary to wheel with.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
:lol: Perfectly understandable. The 1990 Iroc was the final year for it, it had the newer updated dash, an airbag steering wheel (only Iroc year that got this) and the dash emblem was yellow instead of red. Also if it still had factory wheels it would either have 15 or 16" Irocs but the 88+ versions with the thicker spokes with 2 lines instead of the one line:

85-87:

88-90:

In 1993 the Camaro looked like this:

If he really wants a 3rd gen then the '93 is out. If he wants a REAL Iroc he needs to change his date range but honestly, the '91-'92 Z28's are my favorites. I love the lower ground effects they had those years, I think they looked great and they had basically the same driveline as the Irocs with the TPI motors but a bit updated. The '92 is the 25th anniversary version so they may be a bit more pricey.

1990 Iroc:

1991 Z28:

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Ya I do too, I had that spoiler on my 88 and did the front/rear bumpers and side skirts on my 87. If you can't tell I love that style and know too much about them :lol:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
RamAirZ said:
Griz said:
RamAirZ said:
If you need any help let me know :)...
He's looking for '91 to '93s Z or IROC. This was just found in passing so I sent it to him as a joke. What should he look for on those years?
Well '93 was the first year of the 4th gen body style and the Iroc ended in 1990. I love the 91-92 Z28's though, they come with a nice high-rise rear spoiler and "hood blisters" as they call them. As long as there isn't alot of rust issues where he is looking then the main things would be the t-top seals if its a t-top (they leak), window motors tend to go out, factory headliners suck, honestly IMO they don't have any issues inherent to them that all other cars don't experience, main thing would be to make sure that if someone tries to sell it off as say a Z28 that it's real.
and most likely the dash will be cracked :wink:
and they rattle and creak but i think thats just the way these cars are.Go over a bump and turn at the same time and the hatch, on the ones i have owned ,will creak and pop
but fun cars,easy to work on and like Dallas said,those early 90 Z's are bad ***

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
lol my '86 Firebird's dash was pristine surprisingly but all those things are common on any car in the 80's/early 90's honestly. I never had my hatch pop like you mentioned though but also if they have a power hatch pull-down, sometimes they will go bad and the hatch will stick up, you can lower the unit manually and through bolt it together or get a non-power unit.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RamAirZ said:
Ya I do too, I had that spoiler on my 88 and did the front/rear bumpers and side skirts on my 87. If you can't tell I love that style and know too much about them :lol:
I've always liked the looks of them but never really found out much about them. Too into Mustangs I guess. I've never known anybody who owned anything but first gen Camaros either. Hell, I may do more research on them. Maybe Max needs a companion :wink: (My wife would kill me!)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts