Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife's 2000 Astro Van (4.3, F & R AC) needs a recharge - I heard it blow off one day and with the hot weather, I decided I had to fix it once and for all.

OK - went to Wal-Mart to get their R134a 'freon' and they have it in several different brands, and knowing that R134a is R134a, I bought four cans of Quest freon.

I went on to the garden shop and my wife checked out with the R134a and some other goodies.

We got back to the car and she asked me: "How expensive IS that stuff?"

I said: ".......under $12.00/can - why?" "Well, they charged me $22.00/can for it. Howcome?" she said.

Looking at the receipt - sure enough there's $10.00 'CORE CHARGE' for the stinking cans!!!!!

Now - I know they like to recycle things in Goofy Land, but $10.00 A CAN!!!! I gotta figure they don't want you to stockpile R134a or something like that, because on the can - in real tiny print it says that you can get the 'deposit' back if you return the cans in less than 90 days.

That's just nutzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

So - I've gotta use it all or dump it to get the $10.00 back? Does this make sense?

THEN - PAGE TWO gets even worse.

I get the system all pumped down for 6 hours and go to recharge it. I have the tools, gauges and evac pumps and laser thermometer and then find out that CALIFORINA HAS DONE IT AGAIN in the need for a new adapter to get the gas outta the cans!

JUST Califartia 'cause it says so on the side of the can in small print (again with the small print).

So - today being a steeeeeenking holiday and yesterday was steeeeeenking Sunday and the steeeeeenking auto parts stores are all closed - I've got a van in the air, waiting for me to get a steeeeeeeeeenking $3.00 adapter to get the steeeeeeeeenking gas outta the steeeeeeeenking cans before I bring the steeeeeeeenking cans back to Wal-Mart for a steeeeeeenking $10.00/can refund.

And steeeeeenking Wal-Mart is 56 miles down the steeeeenking road too!

Tell me this isn't happening in any other steeeeeeenking state - OK?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O ------------------- K------------------------!

Not sure I understand the Rancid lyrics - but that's OK; I'm old. [/size]

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
California sounds ghey. My local Car quest is open today, did you check them out?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The nearest Car Quest is about 40 miles away.

NAPA and Star are closed though - NAPA has a branch store in my area, only 10 miles away though.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Well its closer than Walmart, and you can get it done today. :lol:

(if they're open)

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope! I ain't going! Too hot with the monsoons and the humidity's over 300% and the heat is over 100ºF and I'm tired and the day's half over and I'm outta beer and I have a headache and I wanna just sit here and pout.

Maybe I'll go out in the backyard and eat worms. Yeah - that's gonna teach dem worms something all right!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Those dang worms digging holes in your yard! :lol:

Jezze, 100ºF :shock: , I cant even imagine. Its clear skys and 69ºF here in the PNW. And I thought it was hot over here. Im melting.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
SurferJoe said:
O ------------------- K------------------------!

Not sure I understand the Rancid lyrics - but that's OK; I'm old. [/size]
ha... the only relation between your post and my reply was the "Let California fall into the f*cking ocean" part...

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
I'm not surprised they are closed. Isn't holiday pay in CA 2.5x hourly rate?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Med!c said:
I'm not surprised they are closed. Isn't holiday pay in CA 2.5x hourly rate?
Not if you only work part time.

Anyone less than 40 hours a week is part time even if they get it over seven days or all in two days straight.

Unless you're in a union. Then they pay you triple time to stay home and think about the job before noon on the day off. A note from your mother is sufficient proof.

·
Registered
677 Posts
What else can you except from a state where the ground hasn't even figured out where it wants to be?

When you really stop to think about it, its all the loonies in Cali that have made life hard on the rest of us. I vote to have a test given to all residents of Cali. Those who pass get to move somewhere that normal people live. Those who fail get walled in and the entire state is then simply cut off from everyone else.

·
Registered
91 Posts
johnnie59 said:
When you really stop to think about it, its all the loonies in Cali that have made life hard on the rest of us. I vote to have a test given to all residents of Cali. Those who pass get to move somewhere that normal people live. Those who fail get walled in and the entire state is then simply cut off from everyone else.
Where are the facepalm emoticons when you need them?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts