Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '94 is getting up in mileage (rolled over to 155k last weekend) and so I've decided to send it down the road and purchase a newer Rodeo. There are many features of the first generation Rodeo that I like and the reliability of this truck has been uncanny.

I am considering purchasing a 2000 Rodeo 4WD, but am a bit concerned about the oil consumption issue and the reliability of the more complicated 4WD system.

What things should I consider when looking newer models over and what suggestions do you all have regarding which model year, specifically, I should purchase?

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
All of the second gens have all the same types of problems. None that are overly bad, in my opinion. The Intake manifold gaskets crack, the fuel sending unit dies, and you have to keep your EGR valve clean.

I'd stick with 2001 or older, you can install manual hubs on these without any problems.

Joe

·
Registered
825 Posts
i agree with bigpop

don't get something so new that you can't swap to a manual hub. Also- if you are thinking about any type of mods, (lifts, etc)... there isn't as much available for the newest stuff out there. something in the 98-2001 range with less than 75k would probably be a good bet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.