Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new here and i was wondering how to do things to my trooper next week when i buy it. Im paying $1000 cash for it, which i think is very reasonable, but does anybody know how to change the tranny fluid and what kind of fluid to do it with, also is a flip kit possible for the rear axle? enstead of the axle sitting on top of the leaf spring, can you just flip it the other way around? thanks and ill be posting more questions later since im new to troopers, see ya later

·
Registered
38 Posts
firefighterjohn2001 said:
Im new here and i was wondering how to do things to my trooper next week when i buy it. Im paying $1000 cash for it, which i think is very reasonable, but does anybody know how to change the tranny fluid and what kind of fluid to do it with, also is a flip kit possible for the rear axle? enstead of the axle sitting on top of the leaf spring, can you just flip it the other way around? thanks and ill be posting more questions later since im new to troopers, see ya later
Model year? Engine? Automatic or 5-speed? This info will be helpful if not necessary to answer your questions.

I'd recommend a Haynes manual right off the bat.

Here's a link to a discussion about the axle flip:
http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showf...e=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post667708

The Planetisuzoo forums and the Isuzu forums on 4x4wire (as linked) as probably the most active. ITOG (Isuzu Trooper Owners Guild) also has some good info: www.itog.com

Best of luck with your new truck, and post some pics if you can.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wuz up, the year is around 85-89, it has 5speed, i know that its a four cylinder, i have to go back and look at it but i think i seen 2.3 or somthing like that, ill find more about it soon as i can

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.