Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just bought a Kindle a little over a month ago, then today I find out that they just released the next one, which is better and $15 or $35 cheaper (touchscreen or D-pad). :evil: :evil:

Why didn't anybody tell me they where gonna release a better, cheaper one in a month. :roll: I also just ordered a case for my brand new yet now outdated one 2 days ago.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Welcome to Apple Computers.

iPhone 5 release: next month
iPhone 6 release: sometime next January.

:roll:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Welcome to the world of consumer electronics in general. It's the biggest racket going. Whatever you buy it's already obsolete as the next 2 or 3 generations are already designed and ready for production. The whole market is designed to turn eveyone into a latest and greatest geek. End result is bankruptcy.

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
I dont even play the games anymore.

·
Registered
433 Posts
94Rodayo4x4 said:

iPhones aren't too bad though, yeah new models may come out, but they're still relevant. They still operate on the same hardware the new ones use and they're still extremely functional.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey now, I have a 2006 model Apple Macbook and a first generation iPod Touch :)

They're fine and all, but no desire to upgrade to the latest/greatest

Definitely a racket

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I have a Ipod touch 4, but other then that, I have a laptop from 08 that works just fine and a free Motorola Droid 2 Global, that does the job as well.

Hey, at least with my non apple products I get flash player! :twisted:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Don't believe the hype people. They make it sound like it's the next best thing and that they'll be selling out fast leaving you the only one without one wishing you had stood in line for hours. The fact is that they just created their own market with this strategy and the real next best thing is coming out as soon as these sales slow down. They put the old models on sale for the cheap guys who still want one and then the cylce begins again. No wonder their rich. If only the people realized that they do not "need" it and can live perfectly fine without one.

iPhones...
A phone is a phone, use it to call someone. I know some of us remember the days where there were no cell phones and the only phone was the house phone. If no one answered, no one was there. Then answering machines came out and everyone wanted one. People could leave messages when you weren't home. What a great idea. Now you'd have to sit through listening to each message and now feel obligated to call the person back or remember something they said. crap.
Then people would use these machines to screen calls which prompted the "next best thing"...caller ID. Woo hoo!!! Now you know who is calling you. Then people started figuring out how to block their number. Now the screener would not pick up the phone because of the unknown caller, but the caller didn't want the person to know who they were in case they were screening and didn't want to talk to them.

Sorry about the rant guys, but do you see how complicated this all got just over a phone. Keep it simple and try not to rely on things that aren't neccesary.

·
Registered
433 Posts
ZuBrew said:
Don't believe the hype people. They make it sound like it's the next best thing and that they'll be selling out fast leaving you the only one without one wishing you had stood in line for hours. The fact is that they just created their own market with this strategy and the real next best thing is coming out as soon as these sales slow down. They put the old models on sale for the cheap guys who still want one and then the cylce begins again. No wonder their rich. If only the people realized that they do not "need" it and can live perfectly fine without one.

iPhones...
A phone is a phone, use it to call someone. I know some of us remember the days where there were no cell phones and the only phone was the house phone. If no one answered, no one was there. Then answering machines came out and everyone wanted one. People could leave messages when you weren't home. What a great idea. Now you'd have to sit through listening to each message and now feel obligated to call the person back or remember something they said. crap.
Then people would use these machines to screen calls which prompted the "next best thing"...caller ID. Woo hoo!!! Now you know who is calling you. Then people started figuring out how to block their number. Now the screener would not pick up the phone because of the unknown caller, but the caller didn't want the person to know who they were in case they were screening and didn't want to talk to them.

Sorry about the rant guys, but do you see how complicated this all got just over a phone. Keep it simple and try not to rely on things that aren't neccesary.
Yeah, well, people used to tell time on sundials too. ;)

Isuzu owners are a different breed, and I think that permeates to nearly every aspect of our lives. If we wanted the latest and greatest, we wouldn't have Isuzu's, we'd all drive FJ Cruisers or 4-door Wranglers.

When the iPhone 5 comes out, I wont be first in line, but I'll definitively be in line. It's not the fact that I need one, but I want one, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's so much easier to have an iPhone that holds all 10,000 of my songs instead of having a regular phone & 900 CD's to carry around with me. It's also great to have when I'm standing in line at the DMV and I want to open up Planet Isuzoo and see what the newest posts are. Or I can check my email while I'm waiting on a meeting to start at work.

Look, I get knocking things that aren't familiar to you, it's what we as humans do. But don't use the excuse that we can live and be perfectly fine without all this stuff. You're right, we could, but if you're going to go down that road, you better not have anything that makes your life easier (including the computer and internet you're using to communicate with us.)

I understand what you're saying, and I agree. Life is easier without all this technology, the more advanced we've gotten, the more complicated we've gotten. But we opened up Pandora's box a long time ago, and there's no way to close it. You can keep up or you can fall behind. I'm 27 and if I don't keep up, I won't have my job. Part of most careers/jobs include keeping up with technology so you're business stays relevant. I make maps for a living, and I do it on really expensive computers that are extraordinarily fast and are connected to dual 22" monitors. We get software updates/patches monthly and we have to learn new entirely new software system's about once every year or so. I've got to learn the newest software and keep up with technology just to stay relevant in my field.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Sags said:
Ok, so I just bought a Kindle a little over a month ago, then today I find out that they just released the next one, which is better and $15 or $35 cheaper (touchscreen or D-pad). :evil: :evil:
What's wrong ? With the release of the new Kindle - the old still works, right ? You were willing to pay some money for a device - you got what you wanted - now why you are complaining ?

Trust me, the next year model is going to be even better.

This is how the wonderful world of consumer electronics is driven. The consumers buy older models to provide money for the development of the newer models. I see nothing wrong in what happened.

Sags said:
Why didn't anybody tell me they where gonna release a better, cheaper one in a month. :roll: I also just ordered a case for my brand new yet now outdated one 2 days ago.
Who exactly is supposed to inform you about that ? How you envision the economics of such a notification ? "Hold on, consumers, do not buy the 2011 year model, the 2012 model is going to be better ? " No company can survive like that.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
holger said:
Sags said:
What's wrong ? With the release of the new Kindle - the old still works, right ? You were willing to pay some money for a device - you got what you wanted - now why you are complaining ?

Trust me, the next year model is going to be even better.

This is how the wonderful world of consumer electronics is driven. The consumers buy older models to provide money for the development of the newer models. I see nothing wrong in what happened.

Sags said:
Who exactly is supposed to inform you about that ? How you envision the economics of such a notification ? "Hold on, consumers, do not buy the 2011 year model, the 2012 model is going to be better ? " No company can survive like that.
:lol:

Sorry, apparently my sarcasm was not obvious enough.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Sags said:
:lol:
Sorry, apparently my sarcasm was not obvious enough.
well, this is the danger of the Internet communications - nobody sees your face expression when you are writing the text.

People are whining nowadays so much that sometimes it is difficult to distinguish a genuine sarcasm from a real whining session.

Sorry for that, next time I'll keep in mind that you are a person with a good sense of humor :D

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
I'd hate to say it, but this is kind of your fault. Always research before buying anything.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Med!c said:
I'd hate to say it, but this is kind of your fault. Always research before buying anything.
he already said that he was kidding in his initial message. I also did not get it at first.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
94Rodayo4x4 said:

You are forgetting that that is the Apple calender, not the standard one. January = June.

I never go for the latest greatest. I wait a generation or 2 so the price is much cheaper and it still does what I want it to. Just maybe not quite as fast.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Sags said:

Dang, dood. You want we should burp you when yer finished eating, too ?

:twisted:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I cant afford to be up to date :lol: I mean seriously I stop buying video games and what not as soon as I got a car

·
Registered
546 Posts
Whats a kindle? this is sarcasm

1 - 20 of 24 Posts