Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i figured i would share pics my new bumpers with you guys...
heres the old rear..

and heres the newer low profile rear...

the old front..

the new front in the works, i dont have any pics of it finished with the winch and stuff yet. But i have a 4500lbs mile marker on it. Also it only goes out the the frame rails leaving the wheel openings completly unobstructed to the front. That means the little guy can climb now :D

and the new shoes...

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
We'll need to see some more pics when the front bumper is finished. Looks like you got it some nice new shoes.

Nice job on the rear bumper. You gonna put some d-rings on the back? Or maybe a 2" reciever right in the middle so it won't hang down.

Joe

·
Registered
808 Posts
Nice job on the rear bumper there, lol I need to make one too, oh and nice shoes there, those 28's?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah its another set of 28x8.50 14 bias ply swampers. I had run a set for about a year of daily driving. They were about half worn after 30k+ miles, my buddies 2wd Datsun kinda did killed em and the wheels they were on (ill have to try and find video of that day...).
As far as the rear bumper goes, im planning on putting a reciver in it. I need one as a recovery point and since i tow stuff every now and then. But its channel iron so for now i can just wrap a tow strap around the bumper to pull with.
The front bumper turned out well in the end, only thing im not too happy with is how the winch has to mount. Rezkid will know what im talking about, theres NO room for a hidden style mount. So i had to make a bucket off the front of the bumper. It looks like it sticks way out there but its not as much as most aftermarket winchbumpers. And besideds the whole truck only wieghs 2600lbs so im not afraid to use the winch as a skid plate :lol:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Nope, no room up front for a hidden mount, I've been trying to figure out a way to mount one so that it would look good and yet be functional as well, I'll more than likely go with a pre-runner style when I build mine though. kinda thinking the same for the rear, and incorporating some 1/4 pannel protection into the design. Need some pics of the front, i want to see how it turned out

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i think it turned out fairly well. Im going to start trying to build a grille guard on it now. And im kinda thinking of ditching the bias swampers. I ran em for a month and i think i need a radial swamper. I do ALOT more highway driving now and the swampers just beat me up too much after 4hours in the seat at 70mph. Im thinking of getting some SSRs. I just dont know becouse i just bought these freakin bias plys with new wheels too. If i go for the SSRs ill get the 27x9.50R15s, and mount em on the wheels the coopers are on now. I also kinda whant to run a 15" wheel to keep the blacked out look and im too lazy to paint my white wheels black :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts