Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

Bumper is finally on! It’s an old arb bumper (I think possibly off a 3rd gen 4Runner?) I got for $80. Me and a buddy made brackets for it and fit it on my amigo. The fit would be damn near perfect if the bumper was straight, but it’s been abused at some point in its life.

I think it’s sweet, but what y’all think? Honest opinions, tell me it sucks if you think (give Reasons though). I’m debating on cutting the hoops around the headlights off to save weight… and they kinda block my blinker

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Looks too tall and too wide....Not bad just a little much. Also relocate the turn signals into the bumper & mount the license plate onto the bumper and not hanging form the "Towel bar"

How does it look from the underside?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks too tall and too wide....Not bad just a little much. Also relocate the turn signals into the bumper & mount the license plate onto the bumper and not hanging form the "Towel bar"

How does it look from the underside?
It is a little tall, the width isn’t bad though. If I took the time to cut the bottom of the grill and tucked it up tighter it would look cleaner. It is off-center to the passenger side because the bumper is a lil beat.
The license plate is actually on my grill right now, I’m moving it tomorrow. I’ll take a side pic and a pick of the underside tomorrow

·
Registered
595 Posts
Teddy the real question is.....do you like it? Does it work for you? If so then you win. If it does what you intended it to do and you didnt spend a ton of money on it and it looks decent....."if it works it aint stupid"

Reactions: MarkB.NV

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,461 Posts
Will second MrDunge's remarks, and Shawn's on relocating the turn signals, and add another possible reason to relocate the license plate. It appears it may disrupt the air stream from reaching the radiator like it should. If you're an avid off-roader the hoops may one day protect those headlights so I wouldn't be to quick eliminating them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood

Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car Tire Grille

Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

More pics! It fades into the skid plate decently. It has those slot things cut in so I’m not worried about air flow. It leans forward a bit because it would interfere with the opening of the hood if it was leaned back any farther.

Personally, I love it. It should function exactly as intended, and that’s always my intention 😉

I will eventually mount a winch, that shouldn’t be too challenging. I’ll just have to save up up some.

·
Registered
175 Posts
For $80, looks pretty sweet to me. Plus, it serves a purpose.

Before cutting the hoops off, maybe try to bend them back with a block of wood and a 5 pound mallet to better fit the contours of the headlights? Might look better, and if not, you were going to cut them off anyway!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For $80, looks pretty sweet to me. Plus, it serves a purpose.
Right? The metal I got to make the brackets (1/4 steel plate) cost me $40, I don’t think I coulda done this less expensive 😆😆

I will paint it too, it’s super dry right now so I’m not worried about it rusting where it’s exposed metal. I know you can see where the welder burned off paint, that part does look like sh*t right now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts