Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I've lurked around long enough. Here is a picture summary of my efforts so far. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I've enjoyed making them.

Starting position

1st Upgrade

This Weekend

Current State

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yet to come

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Yes, yes, yes. Very nice. Are you going to do the hood like that with vinyl?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the plan. I'm trying to decide between a basic vinyl or a full wrap. I've got a local designer that will make whatever I can dream up. Should have it in place before Uwharrie.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I wouldn't spend the extra dough on the full wrap since your paint is already white and appears in decent shape. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great minds think alike. I'm leaning towards just the black on a clear vinyl so the white of the trooper is the contrast.

I'll post it when it's done.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
are you planning on just doing the hood, or are you going to have the back upper half in black like the RC?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just planning on the hood right now. But since you mentioned it the black upper would make it kick a little more. I'll have to think about it some.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the Storm Trooper is officially born.

But she is still a female so you have to imagine this:

Reactions: matthew996

·
Registered
928 Posts
Looks awesome dude!! Love the storm trooper theme, I'm a star wars nerd of sorts and have a sticker on the trooper, but mine is gray so it's not as fitting lol

Where'd you get the disconnects from? Got any part #'s or anything? I love a set for mine

Keep it up!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was hoping it didn't come over to cheesey but I love me some Star Wars. BigSwede got me going on the disconnects, try this link:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66914

Part numbers are listed. Disreguard the warning about Aluminum connecting rods, they are working fine. I wasn't sure they would hold up but they're doing fine with the axial loading of the sway bar.

Post em up if you try them.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
:D :D LOOKS COOL 8) recon

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Turned out awesome, no offense but I prefer to stare at the 2nd pic :lol:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
foytiX said:
Turned out awesome, no offense but I prefer to stare at the 2nd pic :lol:
:D :D :D :D i am with you on this.the trooper is cool but the hot babe even looks way better 8) recon

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I threw some props your way with the paint scheme. I like the black and white contrast. Never a shortage of ideas on the planet.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well it was time for the back end this weekend. I've removed the sway bar and will make quick disconnects shortly. I'll reinstall with new bushing also.

Working on the bumper now. Looks like she has some damage to the driver side hardware. Once I get it off I'll know more.

I'm happy to report that I was given a break with the wrench turning. Always nice when the young ones want to help.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
New plugs and wires. NGK Iridium IX Plugs # BKR5EIX-11 (1 grade hotter than stock) w/ IE49 Wires.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
ohhh, pretty and performance ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gonna try everything I know to improve MPG's, 12 hurts for a daily driver.

Suggestions are welcome.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.