Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building a race car in 2 hrs and for less than $5…sounds impossible right? :book:

I went to the dump Saturday as I do every week, I was bs-ing with Bill and he says
I got you one of those plastic cars you wanted.

Sweet……we went to look and this is what I got for free a gator 2x4

Notice PO had added traction via "studs" dry wall screws, quick easy mod

Those gotta go, since I don't want to mess up my driver's arms or legs or what ever else if he gets run over by this monster.

I had to make it roll easier so out came the rear end, and then took apart the gear boxes and removed extra parts

Stock:

Race prepped:

PO apparently was hard core and stripped the gears out

I didn't fit in this thing, go figure

So I unscrewed the seat and moved it back

Ugh oh!!
Clearance issues

So out came the screwdriver and I removed the seat arms

Still having issues so out comes the grinder and cut off wheel
A cut and a few holes later

Walla!!!

Took out the gear shifter, it had seen better days before a dog or rabid raccoon ate it

Then yanked out the wiring and gas pedal

Parts removed and discarded

I know your saying; you can't fit in there…

HaHaHa Bite Me:thefinger:

So all I gotta do is throw some paint on it (that's the $5 in this build)

And put the Isuzu emblem on

So lets go Barbie Jeep racing…c-ya on you tube

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
And so this was the weekend project that was engrossing enough to prevent you from responding to phone calls??!

[/Jewish mother mode]

:p :p :p

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Smiley said:
And so this was the weekend project that was engrossing enough to prevent you from responding to phone calls??!

[/Jewish mother mode]

:p :p :p
That and smoking 72 pounds of pork,fixing an electric fence around corn,working in the garden and working on my bumper...working and talking with callalantee...sorry bro I just saw the voicemail a few minutes ago...I'm sorry

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
No worries... just givin' ya a hard time. --- I kinda figured you were busy with the lead-up to the Toy Run
(which I can't attend, AGAIN :cry: )

Hollah!
Smiley

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no idea what course will be,basically a hill you get pushed down,search youtube for barbie jeep racing it's very funny to watch

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Van said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guess I'm going to have to get me one also. :toothy10:
if it survives the first heat,you can go next round :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Cronk said:
Looks like that stretched jeep is the one to beat.
That guy cheated so bad. lol It was one of those kettler pedal carts that they stretched the frame and dropped the barbie jeep on top.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Ruination said:
Cronk said:
Looks like that stretched jeep is the one to beat.
That guy cheated so bad. lol It was one of those kettler pedal carts that they stretched the frame and dropped the barbie jeep on top.
yes he did!!! we can take him out with the gator, he'll never know what hit him and wonder what all those little "x"s are from :lol:

You need to install a CD Player and some speakers in the gator...

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
It needs a planet sticker also. But bansil, that is awesome.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Excellent !

Waiting for the race vids !

Did you forget to take actual 'progress' pics, or did you post the same pic three times, for comic effect ?

:wink: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Bansil said:
This was the last one :p
Hilarious !

I think the ones whose 'pusher' just keeps on pushing, all the way down the hill, should be disqualified. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Selador said:
Excellent !

Waiting for the race vids !

Did you forget to take actual 'progress' pics, or did you post the same pic three times, for comic effect ?

:wink: :lol: :lol:
:thefinger:
They are different,(1) seat was just sitting there,(2) seat was sitting there and (3) seat was just sitting there... :thefinger:

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is another,I would of edited the OP...ugh didnt want to look to stupid and ask where the edit button was at in this new system...I still don't know where it's at :roll:

this is the picture of final seatting and the rabid raccoon gear shift knob removed as well as the gas pedal :mrgreen:

**************************************Ok how come the last 2 posts have an edit button and others don't????? can you only edit for so long???if so .........that feature sucks stinky wolverine balls

·
Registered
408 Posts
I say OD with a white circle star on the hood...just me. Did you chunk the motor yet?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts