Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The top mount of the pass side rear shock actually broke/ripped off. Dragging behind me, but not for long. Tied it up. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen, particularly with the Rancho 9000's. I keep mine pretty firm, so I'm thinking maybe I caused this by putting too much stress on that point.
Dropped it off at a muffler shop I've used to have it welded. I'm not sure that was the thing to do, but I needed a quick fix. They got it done but I haven't seen it yet. Should I take this to a body shop for a better fix or is a weld enough for it? Not sure how it was connected to the body to begin with, I didn't think to look at the other side for that yet.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well that repair lasted all of 24 hours. :roll:

Looks like I'll be going to a body shop. Has anyone else had that mount break on them? It looks like it'll be pretty hard to get in to for grinding and welding right. The bracket actually broke/sheared half off, it didn't break at the original weld. Was it hard to get fixed right?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.