Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working the rodeo today and for the past few days ive noticed it's rode kinda bouncy and sat with a lean. I geuss the background on it is this, It's a 92 rodeo, v6. I liked it because it has the gm 6 and it's a stick :D . I bought it from the first owner for a $1000 and it rode great when i bought a few days ago. BUt. I took it off road for the first time in it's whole life and flexed it out and worked the articulation pretty good. It seems i broke the driver side sping. Now i chould just put a used one in but what fun is that 8) . I love ARB stuff and my tracker was done up with ome. But the thing is i dont have the cash right now. So it's gonna get some used ones.

Is this normal? I meen i didn't beat on it at all. Do the stock springs just suck?

Mike.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Leaf spring breaking:

Odd, yes.

Unheard of, no.

Depending on which spring you broke, you may be able to get a set of darlington spring upgrades. www.darlington-offroad.com

Or another option is www.Independent4x.com has or will have a set of 2" lift springs that will replace the whole spring pack.

Joe

·
Registered
763 Posts
I've snapped 3 leaf springs (2 scouts and a 1st gen trooper) . In all cases, articualtion did not play as much of a role as did axle wrap. I think shackles and corrosion helped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.