Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be replacing my front rotors pretty soon and from the looks of it, I should replace my wheel bearings along with them. The reason I feel that way is because the races are molded right into the rotors... Right?

I was looking at buying a set of Raybestos PG Plus rotors since they're cheaper than most others and especially than the dealer at ~$90 per. Anyone feel that there's a better deal on a different product to be had out there?

Cheers,

¡O!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm not sure about your question, but make sure you look around when you buy bearings. NAPA wanted $64 apiece for inners and $32 for outers. Purvis Bearing carried the same bearings. All four (Timken Bearings) for $62. Glad I told my dad to check.

KTT

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that aticle was very helpful the first time I did a repack. Many repacks later I'm asking these questions from my memory of the inside of the hub. I probably should have looked at the article again as there is a good close up of the inner race.

Now that I look closer at the pictures in that article, you can clearly see that those races can be driven out.

I doubt I'll have to change them in the end, as the bearings look good to me, but I was worried that they were somehow part of the rotor. Turns out they're not, so it is a moot point. Now I know for whenever they do crap out.

BTW, I saw several suggestions on older threads on the 4x4wire to check out Autozone for rotors. Their prices are supposedly pretty low.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I wonder if the newer hub with floating rotors can be bolted on to the older models with PITA rotor-hub assy. I believe my '98 would qualify for the PITA one, can I retrofit it with the ones from a 2000 model ? Anyone tried this before ?

·
Registered
591 Posts
POS VETT said:
I wonder if the newer hub with floating rotors can be bolted on to the older models with PITA rotor-hub assy. I believe my '98 would qualify for the PITA one, can I retrofit it with the ones from a 2000 model ? Anyone tried this before ?
Good question, I *think* you'd have to changeout everything from the CV shafts on out. 1998-2001 are the same, 2002-2004 have the floating rotor setup. They look like a totally different animal.
G/luck
Joel

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not planning on spending loot on the CV shafts being that mine are A-OK. :wink:

If the shafts are different, then I'd probably need a new knuckle too. Getting a technical drawing to confirm it one way or the other would probably be impossible. We need someone that owns a car from each year to try this out. 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.