Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was completing my Lower ball-joint removal today, and noticed after starting the truck a large amount of brake fluid was covering the tire and left a puddle around the tire. OK, here is my mistake the night before I forgot to put the pads back in. I know, nice job knuckle head ! After completing the ball-joint job I compressed the caliper and reinstalled the brake pads and noticed the brake fluid level was low, and the brake light stayed on, I released the parking brake and have checked for more leaks nothing. What happened ? And what about the brake light that will not turn off? What next :cry:

Kris.

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Check the switch. I don't honestly remember if Isuzu is like this, but some cars require that the brake fluid level switch be reset by hand if it comes on. There will probably be a rubber boot on it if this is the case.

Also, how low was it? Is there any possibility that air got into the system? If so, you'll need to bleed all of the brakes to get the air out.

-Tad

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will check for the swithch. The level was at minimum. I was thinking that it might have some type of fluid level sensor, I will add more fluid today and see what happens.

Kris.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All appears well, added brake fluid and the brakes feel great. No leaks after a test drive :lol:

Thanks,

Kris.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.