Isuzu SUV Forum banner

body lift

875 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  isuzurodeodieselman 
#1 ·
ok i was wondering if you can put a body lift on a automatic from what ive seen all the body lifts for rodeos are for manual only =[

#2 ·
I did a one inch and I didn't have to extend or do anything else. Just pop them into place and go. Just don't drop the truck on your hand like I did. If you wanted to go higher you have to extend the steering. The shifter linkage is long enough by the way.

Oh and you would have to raise the bumpers though to make it look right.

#3 ·
I have an automatic 97 and I am also getting ready to do a one inch body lift. From my understanding 97 and older have different auto shift linkage than the 98 and newers. You do have to loosen the adjustment on the shifter then re-adjust after the body lift. Not that big of a deal. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

#4 ·
Ian1006 said:
I have an automatic 97 and I am also getting ready to do a one inch body lift. From my understanding 97 and older have different auto shift linkage than the 98 and newers. You do have to loosen the adjustment on the shifter then re-adjust after the body lift. Not that big of a deal. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
I believe you are right. I have a 98 so I would double check if I was you lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.