Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 3in body lift installed and now the steering shaft going to the steering box is at just enough angle to cause a slight catch. In the image below you can see the angle the shaft is at.

Has anybody else run into this problem after installing a body lift, and how did you fix it?

I'm thinking about pulling the steering column out and cutting the larger piece back enough to clear the inner shaft just not sure I want to do that yet for fear of ruining the steering shaft.

I'm open to suggestions. Oh the Rodeo is a 95 and the lift kit came from Performance Accessories.[/img]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had not thought of adding a u-joint.

I did call the manufacture, they suggested adding shims above the steering column where it bolts to the dash and taking out the steering shaft spacer that comes with the kit to lessen the angle.

·
Registered
987 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
tlcsr66 said:
Ok I have a 3in body lift installed and now the steering shaft going to the steering box is at just enough angle to cause a slight catch. In the image below you can see the angle the shaft is at.

Has anybody else run into this problem after installing a body lift, and how did you fix it?

I'm thinking about pulling the steering column out and cutting the larger piece back enough to clear the inner shaft just not sure I want to do that yet for fear of ruining the steering shaft.

I'm open to suggestions. Oh the Rodeo is a 95 and the lift kit came from Performance Accessories.[/img]
i had steering binding on my 95 truck after i installed the 3 inch body lift and steering extension.i lowered my steering shaft at the firewall and drilled 2 new holes.it worked great .it is very simple and easy to do8) recon

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
i will take pictures and post them of the mods i did on my steering 8) recon

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!!! DAMUDKING and recon. When it cools a little this evening I'll go out and take the dash apart again so I can have easy access to the fire wall.

Recon where in Nashville do you live??? I have a house over on Preston Dr. in the Rosebank area off Gallatin Rd.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
man i probally live less than 2 miles from you.i live in inglewood near stratford 8) recon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.