Isuzu SUV Forum banner

blower fan quit

525 views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  N law 
#1 ·
was working fine one moment,turned it off.
a few hours later turned it on-no blower action.
checked fuses-good.
no noise prior to not working,somewhere else to check?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Does it work any setting? Specifically the highest one?

Have you checked the electrical connector for the blower and does it get any power when you turn the switch on?
Try tapping or kicking on the blower motor housing. See if you can get it to start spinning again.

#5 ·
Look at the blower motor housing. It should have a electrical connector plugging into it.
Remove the plug and test it with a multimeter while the switch is on.

#7 ·
I know this sounds weird, but check you oil pressure switch. For some reason if it is not sending the blower system won't get power. At least that is how it is on my '92.

#8 ·
Blower motor resistor!

It looks something like this:

And its mounted in the blower motor housing on the passenger side, under the dash. I had to pull the glove box to get to it on my VX.

If it stops working, you can carefully cut some of the plastic off the top or bottom (there are little shrouds that extend out to cover the electrical connections). I just help mine down with a little pick while I soldered it. I didn't worry about putting the plastic cover piece back on.

Thing to note- these spring loaded tabs are soldered down as a fuse-like device. If it gets too hot (i.e. something else is going wrong), the solder will melt and the tab will spring away, breaking contact. Take note of this because the solder you use will be different than the solder they originally used. Just a heads up.

It appears that you can get these at the flaps (like orielly's) for about $40.

#9 ·
If it were the resistor shouldnt it work on high? When my resistor went out it only worked on the highest setting.

#13 ·
Mines starting to do this. I have a NEW blower resistor in there too (Lost the old one, don't ask..). The "3" setting doesn't work. Sometimes I like to turn the A/C on and set it to "3" for 10 seconds and then turn it on blast to get icy cold air! But.. The past few times I've done that it won't turn on at all. Sometimes switching from vent to floor and back fixes it, odd.

Oh, and fuses are all good like yours.... strange.

Not trying to hijack your thread!

#14 ·
Nathan08T said:
Mines starting to do this. I have a NEW blower resistor in there too (Lost the old one, don't ask..). The "3" setting doesn't work. Sometimes I like to turn the A/C on and set it to "3" for 10 seconds and then turn it on blast to get icy cold air! But.. The past few times I've done that it won't turn on at all. Sometimes switching from vent to floor and back fixes it, odd.

Oh, and fuses are all good like yours.... strange.

Not trying to hijack your thread!
you good,more we share from our experiences the better.

#15 ·
Dae said:
If it were the resistor shouldnt it work on high? When my resistor went out it only worked on the highest setting.
Mine didn't work on any of them when the resistor was broken. Resoldered it and it was all working again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.