Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've fixed/replaced my blower motor resistor (I thought I lost it so I got a new one). It works fine on 1,2, and 4, but not 3... Any ideas? I've taken the switch out and took it apart, cleaned it, put it back in.. Still does the same thing! Is it possible there's a short somewhere maybe? All the fuses are good.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Nathan,

If you do not have a voltmeter, you can use a small 12V lamp with test leads attached, to check continuity. Attach one lead to the fan motor common and the other to each switch/resistor point. If the fourth position goes directly to 12V, then it may be only the last resistor that is open. Believe you are probably dealing with an open, not a short. When the switch selects the third resistor, it may not be passing the reduced voltage on due to a bad switch contact, broken wire under the insulation from resistor to switch, or bad resistor section. Though the unit may be new, it still may be problematic.

Seems you have become familiar with the assembly, but perhaps another forum member can supply a electrical diagram for your particular year and model.

Hope this helps,

GB :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Blower Motor Does Not Run At Medium High Position (3)

Even though fan switch is cleaned it can be because the contact is actually worn out on the medium-high postion, causing all others to work except medium-high. Will not be able to tell visually but can tested = replace switch.

Otherwise.
May be open circuit between C41-3(Resistor conector) and I23-5(fan switch)
C41 connector; looking at the connector with the tab lock tab facing up and the pins toward you C41-3 will be the one farthest right(third, counting from left to right)

I23 connector; looking at the connector with the tabs facing upwards it will be the fifth pin(counting from left to right)

Pull out ur multimeter!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts