Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search and all I come up with is people who put "big wheel kit" in their signiture. Search on here is very difficult to use if you are looking for a certain thing. Anyway, I had a 96 Rodeo S, ran that to the ground (I was young and dumb), then drove a couple trucks and I cant resist, I went out and got a 94 Rodeo 5speed LS. The door jam says 245/70 and it has snow flakes on it, I was wondering if it is a big wheel kit from the factory. It also has the crome fender flares and mud flaps, but i didnt think that ment anything. First pic is my old one, second is the new one i picked up for around a grand. The rust you see above the wheel well is the only rust on the whole ride.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Most people don't call it a big wheel kit so you probably won't find much using that in your search. Try snowfake, 245/70 etc.... 245/70 is the factory size. Looks good and the wheels are a good start. Hope you find the info you're looking for.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Yes...the LS models came with 245/70/16's, which is the upgraded tire/wheel package combo.

You can easily mount a 265/75/16 on that truck/wheel without any problems.

I remember you from a few years back....you were going in the service if I remember right??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I was going to join the service, but I changed my mind. Long story short, I woke up one day, realized how ignorant people are and that I didnt want to fight for those people to keep their freedom anymore. This nation has became so ignorant and people are so selfish that there is no help for people anymore. This is why I like the "Planet" we all share a common interest and look out for each other. I am a diesel mechanic for Caterpilar. Mainly marine and industrial engines, 3500 and 3600 series engines.

·
Registered
648 Posts
not to sound gay or anything but thats a HUGE rod man, haha...nice rodeo, I like my trooper rims, but id much rather snowflakes, always liked them. I had 245/75/16s factory and i went up to a 265/75/16. I only have the 175 hp single cam 3.2, but I really didnt feel a loss in power at all, i actually like the bigger mud tires better, they are a stiffer sidewall and heavier and wider, seems more stable than the stupid commuter suv tires that were on it. I think get yourself a set of tires and add a leaf and torson crank or whatever you need to do to clear them, heck, you can eliminate that rust with some fender trimming or some cut-out fnder flares and keep your low center of gravity as well...i suppose if you hate the power loss that much you can always throw a chip, filter and exhaust on it, change your gearing, etc...whatever you do, do it big man, jeeps are like a-holes, everyone has one, so get out there on the trails and show em whats up !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts