Isuzu SUV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Here! Here! for Tad!

Thanks Tad for all you've done for the forum and all the people who inhabit it's honeycomb of people who pop in - some like myself - who take longish leaves of absence.

There have been some antagonists but mostly some really nice people who want to truly help everyone else. It's been a good site in all the time I've seen or read even the dismissive ones taken into consideration too.

You even let me literally write short books here when I felt especially verbose. Thanks for that too.

It's all been very good. Thank-you for quietly watching and nudging when the wheels were starting to lose a lug nut or two.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just wanted to add thanks to Tad for all he has done and cheers to the new admin. Please try to keep the forum as it has been. I must admit, the other similar forums I visit in regard to my other vehicles are not nearly as well put together as this one. And, if I may say so- the posters here seem to be of a higher caliber- more intelligent, knowledgeable, affable, and above all *helpful*. Seems much more like a family here.

·
Administrator
98 Posts
jerm1383 said:
I"m sure the more Philip is around the forum, the chances are we can talk him into getting a Zoo of his own :D

I don't post a whole bunch, but I have searched and read just about every tech/how-to and member's build thread in this forum, and I am eternally grateful of all that this place has to offer. It is because of this group/forum, that I refuse to give up my truck. Tad, thank you for all that you have done. Hopefully I will be able to see you out on the trail, and not just on the forum.
After I pay off a wedding and move out of my tiny apartment with no good parking the wife and I will be in the market for a new vehicle.
-Philip

·
Administrator
98 Posts
squatch said:
Just saw this. :shock:
Actually I'm not surprised. Most of the forums I'm on are small ones like this. Most have gone a similar route as owners get overwhelmed or move on to different interests. I'm kinda surprised Tad has been able to hold out as long as he has. My feeling has been that this site has been a burden on him for a while.
My big concern is not advertising but rather site policing over the long haul. I've been on a couple of other forums AG has bought and it didn't take long for certain policies to take hold. One was No Politics. Tad has always been tolerant of such talk here and over the years the site has been very good at self policing such topics and though they can occasionally get heated they rarely boil over. Too many corporate sites have clamped down on subjects that are not Politically correct or that the Corps feel uncomfortable with. Time will tell how that pans out.
The whole Isuzu scene is changing as time moves on. People get old and tired of wrenching. Parts sources are drying up for our limited aftermarket and for replacement parts. A lot depends on what we continue to do with our hobby.
Tad good luck as you move on! :D :eek:ccasion5: Hopefully you will still make the occasional GW or URE trip no matter what you are driving!
Phil, Welcome to the Zu! Hopefully AG will be true to your word.
Tad's rules will stay the site rules. You can discuss politics all you like. On the rare occasion I have seen no political discussions enforced on a site it was due to existing moderators that no longer wanted to pick a side or spend all the time they have on the site policing the off topic. I love reading political discussions and on sites the company I work for does not own from time to time I partake in the debate. This is a largely self policed community and I trust that all healthy debates can and will continue here.
-Philip

·
Administrator
98 Posts
JoeIsuzu said:
squatch said:
My big concern is not advertising but rather site policing over the long haul.
Generally speaking, this falls under the "moderator" role, not the "admin" role. Sometimes the roles are combined or shared, but they're now divided here.
I agreed to host (and admin) a site for another special interest group, under the condition that I do not have ANY responsibilities as a moderator. The moderators essentially shape the direction of the site, not the admin.
Jack
And Hats Off to all the very hard working mods on the team.
-Philip

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for all you've done, Tad! This site saved me countless hours of work on countless occasions. There'd probably be far fewer Isuzus on the road, if it weren't for planetisuzoo.com. Wish you the best!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. -John F. Kennedy

Arch

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cool, but if this all falls through or anything, I would not mind taking over. I may not be the most mechanically competent or add much to the forum, but I am a web administrator (and that does include a good amount of experience with phpbb, as in, daily..)

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Wow, I just saw this.

As long as this site's character remains the same, I'm fine with it. Welcome to the madness!

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Hello All -- and greetings from your long-lost, seemingly interminably absentee Forum Admin/Mod -- it's your old buddy, Smiley, finally back from the e-grave!

I am (obviously!) just now reading of this news (since, for quite some time, I've been unable to login to the site, due to assorted virus & hardware issues)...

(1) Congratulations, Tad, on your newfound spare time *(a commodity that I am quite certain was both needed and welcomed!)
(2) Being away for as long as I was, in returning, I see absolutely no noticeable differences in the site -- it's business as usual, as far as I can tell.
(3) Hello, Phillip! Looks like the ship is sailing-along and maintaining a good tack. Cheers to the (mostly) unseen man behind the curtain!
*(and when the time comes for that New Car Purchase, for heaven's sake, go buy a NEW CAR -- only when the time comes for that 'I want some-kind-of-a used, utilitarian/weekend get-away SUV' sort of purchase: *then* we'll try to steer you toward the Kool-Ade!) 8) :lol:
(4) Now that I am back from the Bermuda Triangle, I hope be participating again (perhaps not quite as much as in years past), and lending a hand now-and-then.

Cheers!
Smiley
^(...that loquacious/chatterbox 'E-ZooZoo guy') ;)

**(and would ya just look how much shorter my posts are, now that I've been marooned out in social media land for so long!) :p :lol:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Glad to hear from you. :wink:

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,712 Posts
The site used to be pretty reliable, then a rough patch with the support transition, then some pretty good days. But this weekend was a lost cause. Hope you got a good SLA with the deal.

Jack

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah, the site has become somewhat unstable. It crashes on my computer due to long scripts. Which is what I was afraid of. It has to do with advertisements. This site was always better than the rest because, well the people here are top notch. But it was also fast loading and stable, but I'm seeing a trend towards slow and unstable, but the peeps are great as ever.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Wow. I just checked the new site on my phone. I guess it's a mobile version but it seems very cumbersome. The avatar is not beside the posts anymore and everyone's signature starts immediately after the body of the post. This seems like a step backwards to me. I switched it over to full site just so I could clearly read the content.

·
Super Moderator
2,369 Posts
N law said:
Wow. I just checked the new site on my phone. I guess it's a mobile version but it seems very cumbersome. The avatar is not beside the posts anymore and everyone's signature starts immediately after the body of the post. This seems like a step backwards to me. I switched it over to full site just so I could clearly read the content.
I agree, it doesn't have the "flow" the old site had. A bit hard to read.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys!!! Oh man am i glad to find you all! I own a 93 trooper and 98 rodeo I'm building for my kid as her first car (per her love for the off-road) and live in a place dominated by everything else but isuzu. I am but a lone pistolero (gunman) with my two Zus in a sea of mostly jeeps...and we keep up just fine!! Thank you thank you and happy trails!

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,712 Posts
Rdelao9476 said:
Hey guys!!! Oh man am i glad to find you all! I own a 93 trooper and 98 rodeo I'm building for my kid as her first car (per her love for the off-road) and live in a place dominated by everything else but isuzu. I am but a lone pistolero (gunman) with my two Zus in a sea of mostly jeeps...and we keep up just fine!! Thank you thank you and happy trails!
Really weird place for an introduction (hijacking a thread), but welcome to the Planet. ;)

There's actually a "New member introductions" section.

Jack

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
These Congrats amazon user pop ups are really getting annoying. It's happened twice while browsing already. I hope this doesn't last long.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.